HAY BALE CONTEST
Rules and Regulations
Fair Dates: September 16 -22, 2018
• Open to anyone -groups, clubs, individuals.
• Must submit the entry form at the bottom of this page by August 20.
• Decorated hay or straw round bales must be brought in and set up on Thursday, September 13, from noon to 8:00 pm.
• Judging: Friday, September 15.
• Must be removed no later than Tuesday, September 25, 2018.
• We will set the bales, you must stabilize to avoid tipping or rolling. Anything deemed unsafe or inappropriate will be removed.
• Entries will be placed throughout the fair at our discretion.
• No lights or illumination.
• Entries cannot be larger than 12 feet wide and 15 feet long.
• Prize money: 1st place -$100; 2nd place -$75; 3rd place -$50; 4th place -$25.
• Any questions, please call Tom Miller, Fair Board Vice President, at (269) 816-2425.
***Entry forms must be received back to the Fair Office no later than August 20, 2018.***
Click here to view and print off your entry form for the 2018 St. Joseph County Grange Fair Hay Bale Contest.